With more nights in then ever before, I've found myself devouring some fabulous books this year while simultaneously keeping my small local bookstore afloat. Welcome to a few of my favourite books of 2021. As a lover of interesting reads I always have my ears pricked for recommendations from trusted sources. Have you stumbled upon a page turner this year? If so, please leave a comment below, I would love to hear about it.
1. Hunt Gather Parent – what ancient cultures can teach us about raising children by Michaeleen Doucleff PhD
2. The surrender experiment by Michael Singer
3. It didn’t start with you – how inherited family trauma shapes us by Mark Wolynn
4. The wholebrain child -12 revolutionary strategies to nurture your child's developing mind by Daniel J Siegal & Tina Payne
5. Why Love Matters – how affection shapes a baby’s brain by Sue Gerhardt
6. The first forty days – the essential art of nourishing the new mother by Heng Ou